Mobilized for the promotion and accompaniment of agroecological transitions in West Africa, the consortium AVSF-IRAM-INADES International is looking for:
A Technical Assistant Monitoring and Evaluation and for the PATAE Coordination Unit (Agroecological Transition Support Program in West Africa)
Since early 2018, the AVSF-IRAM-INADES International consortium has been providing technical assistance to the ECOWAS Regional Agency for Agriculture and Food for the implementation of the Support programme for the agro-ecological transition in West Africa (PATAE).
This programme was launched with initial funding from the French Development Agency for a period of 4 years. The objective is to support agro-ecological intensification in the sub-region in order to promote the emergence, adoption and dissemination of ecologically intensive and sustainable practices on family farms. The program aims to :
on the one hand, to support field projects promoting agro-ecological transitions at the local level (a call for proposals launched in 2018 resulted in the selection of 15 projects in the process of being launched, distributed among Burkina Faso, Côte d'Ivoire, Mali, Senegal, and Togo)
on the other hand, the animation of exchanges and capitalizations feeding public policies favourable to agro-ecological transitions in the region
To this end, a Project Coordination Unit (PCU) has been set up within ARAA in Lomé. It is currently composed of a coordinator, an administrative manager and a secretary.
ECOWAS obtained additional funding from the European Union in 2019 for a period of 5 years to complete and extend the content of this programme. The aim is to strengthen support for the dissemination and implementation of good practices in sustainable agricultural intensification, through support for agricultural training and advisory support and extension mechanisms for technological innovations for sustainable agricultural intensification adapted to the production methods of small producers. In addition, with this support, the activities of exchanges, capitalization and consultations for the development of public policies are extended to all 15 ECOWAS countries.
In order to strengthen the Programme Coordination Unit to ensure complementary activities and programme extension, the AVSF-IRAM-INADES International consortium is seeking : a Programme Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
2) Main missions, profile and skills required for the profiles sought
Profile and skills required
Programme Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
- Abuja - Nigeria, within ECOWAS Directorate of Agriculture and Rural Development
- Frequent work trips to be foreseen in all ECOWAS member countries
- Monitoring and evaluation and valorisation of the project for the benefit of ECOWAS policies and projects, in conjunction with the rest of the PCU team in Lomé and the national correspondents in the countries
- Adapt the methods of production of references in field projects and monitor the development of capitalizations by projects
- Analyze and compile field references
- Support, in conjunction with national correspondents, the implementation of cross-functional capitalizations
- Monitoring the development and results of national policy frameworks
- Identification, implementation and animation of regional consultation frameworks, based on the national themes most conducive to regional consultation and integration
- Link between field experiences, consultation frameworks and the development of regional public policies in support of the agro-ecological transition.
- Engineer or equivalent (at least 5 years' higher education) (Agronomy, Agroeconomy, environment, socio-economics, international development and project management) with experience (10 years) in monitoring and evaluation and sustainable agriculture
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation in regional multi-stakeholder programmes and mechanisms would be a bonus.
- Proficiency in French and English, read, written and spoken, is essential.
- Good knowledge of computer tools (at least MS Office Word, Excel, Powerpoint software)
- At least 5 years' professional experience in the field of rural development and programmes directly or indirectly related to the implementation of agro-ecological practices in rural and farming areas is required.
- Possession of a higher than expected degree reduces the number of years of experience required by 3 years.
3) Conditions of the employment contract
- Project duration : 2018-2023
- Contract duration 1 year - renewable until the end of the project
- Contract start date: September 15, 2019